Food, Wine and Beer - Nelson Tasman
Published: 12/16/2011 by Selena Murray
Whether you have left the diet at home or brought it along, the regional bounty is sure to satisfy.
Winemakers, bakers, brewers, and cheese, sausage and chocolate makers all breathe life into their products, many of which can be found at a string of vibrant local markets throughout the region.
Dine al fresco at outdoor events, one of the region’s many parks or at one of the many waterfront, city and country cafes and restaurants.
Tips for a Taste of Paradise
- Grab a blanket and some fish and chips for dinner on Wakefield Quay wharf or Tahunanui Beach.
- Devour salmon fresh from the bay at one of many seaside restaurants, or catch your own and smoke it in Golden Bay
- Order a berryfruit ice cream or frozen yoghurt at one of the many berry farms in Tasman
- Buy fresh fruit & vege at the Farmers Market at Founders Heritage Park (Fridays 3-7pm during summer and 3-6pm in winter)
- Sign up for a half day cook school and learn how to make the most of fresh produce